Our approach focusses on the strength of our diverse communities, staff, volunteers and partners to work together to make our neighbourhoods, safer, happier and more inclusive places to live.
Connected, informed and empowered communities in which people feel safe and secure.
To be a vibrant, inclusive and effective organisation that improves the safety and security of community life across Victoria. We do this by supporting our members and partners in promoting crime prevention, resilient communities and social inclusion.
We use our drive and commitment to energise, engage and inspire others.
We are consistently open, honest, ethical and genuine, building trust in our brand, organisation and people.
We recognise that a strong, resilient and peaceful society celebrates and encourages diversity of experience, culture, beliefs, language, gender and age.
We aim to:
- Minimise the incidence of preventable crime.
- Deter criminal activity by increasing the probability of apprehension.
- Reduce the fear of crime.
- Increase the reporting of crime and suspicious behaviour.
- Improve the degree of personal and household security through education.
- Expand the program’s involvement in wider community safety and crime prevention initiatives.
Providing strategic leadership to the affiliated Neighbourhood Watch groups in Victoria by:
- Strengthening the partnership of police and community working together to prevent crime and improve the safety, security and the quality of life for all Victorians;
- Coordinating the Neighbourhood Watch program, including the facilitation of information exchange between groups throughout the state of Victoria;
- Identifying and developing best practice, evidence based crime prevention responses to ultimately encourage community participation in building safe and confident communities; and
- Improving community awareness and participation in watching out for and reporting suspicious behaviour.