Enjoying Victoria's world-class pub, bar, nightclub, restaurant and entertainment scene with your friends should be fun and free from violence and other dangerous situations.
By looking out for each other and taking some simple precautions, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable night out for you and your friends.
You are more vulnerable to violence and accidents when you’ve had too much to drink. Alcohol affects everybody differently so get to know your personal limits and stick to them. Save yourself from regrets, and remember that how much you drink is up to you.
- Drink within your limits
- Eat substantial food before and while drinking
- Drink slowly and drink water throughout the night
- Never mix alcohol and drugs
- If you can’t remember how many drinks you’ve had, it’s time to slow down
- Never drink and drive or get into a car driven by somebody who has been drinking.
For immediate Police assistance call 000
To report information about a crime contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000