This members area aims to inform NHW Victoria members and volunteers about NHW as an organisation and to ensure NHW groups have the necessary knowledge and resources to run effective programs in their local community.
NHW Vision Statement
Connected, informed and empowered communities in which people feel safe and secure.
NHW Mission Statement
To be a vibrant, inclusive and effective organisation that improves the safety and security of community life across Victoria. We do this by supporting our members and partners in promoting crime prevention, resilient communities and social inclusion.
NHW Statement of Purposes
Neighbourhood Watch is established for the purposes of:
- Encouraging community participation in building safe and confident communities;
- Strengthening the partnership of police and community working together to prevent crime and improve the safety, security and the quality of life for all Victorians;
- Improving community awareness and participation in monitoring and reporting incidents affecting safety;
- Deterring criminal or unsafe behaviour through joint community action;
- Being actively involved in community safety and crime prevention projects, programs and education;
- Serving as an information exchange and conduit throughout the Neighbourhood Watch community in Victoria.
The full Charter can be viewed here: NHWV Charter as of 29 Aug 18
And a copy of the Rules here: Revised Rules Endorsed on 11 Oct 2018