This Award acknowledges the outstanding and sustained support provided to the program by an individual, organisation or business that is not a member of Neighbourhood Watch.
The State Award of Appreciation
For outstanding and sustained support to the Neighbourhood Watch Program
- The Neighbourhood Watch State Awards recognise and honour those individuals and Neighbourhood Watch Groups that implement innovative projects, programs or partnerships which enhance community safety through the prevention of crime, and encourage volunteering and community participation thereby contributing to the quality of life for those in the community.
- In submitting a nomination, you should assume that the judging panel has no knowledge of the nominee. Therefore, the nomination must include all of the required information. In particular, to give the nomination the greatest chance of success, it must directly address the judging criteria below.
- The nomination is to be completed and submitted on screen including uploading any extra documentation
- Alternatively you can download the form as a PDF, complete, scan and send as an attachment via email to email@example.com
- Email nominations must be received prior to 5:00 pm on Thursday 6 September 2018.
- Nominations cannot be accepted by post.
- All online nominations will be acknowledged by automated (and instant) return email. PDF nomination forms will be acknowledged by email within two business cards. If you have not received an acknowledgement within two business days, please telephone the State Office on 03 9247 5492.
- The State Honours Committee’s decision is final.
- Award recipients and their respective LGA or Local NHW Group will be advised of their successful nominations. Recipients will be invited to attend the State Annual General Meeting on Thursday 11 October 2018 to be presented with their award.
- Influence and contribution to the Neighbourhood Watch Program ie what makes the nominee’s efforts stand out compared with other supporters.
- The breadth and scope of contributions made by the nominee eg does the nominee’s effort assist a local group, all groups in the LGA, or groups spread over a large area of the State.
- Other factors that make the nominee worthy of consideration eg the nominee supports a number of community groups in addition to NHW.
- The length of time the nominee has supported Neighbourhood Watch in Victoria.
This nomination is submitted on the understanding that the personal information provided is for the purpose of deciding the Neighbourhood Watch State Awards.
This information will be disclosed to the Neighbourhood Watch State Honours Committee prior to the Awards function and details of winners in each category will be used for promotional and other related purposes including on the Neighbourhood Watch website.
Personal information will not be given or sold to any other party without permission.