Whether electronic, digital, social, real world or a combination of all, this award recognises the LGA or NHW Group that best promotes the Program, informs the community on crime prevention and supports the aims and objectives of NHW.
The Communication Award
For the Neighbourhood Watch Group with the most effective communication
- The Neighbourhood Watch State Awards recognise and honour those individuals and Neighbourhood Watch Groups that implement innovative projects, programs or partnerships which enhance community safety through the prevention of crime, and encourage volunteering and community participation thereby contributing to the quality of life for those in the community.
- In submitting a nomination, you should assume that the judging panel has no knowledge of the nominee. Therefore, the nomination must include all of the required information. In particular, to give the nomination the greatest chance of success, it must directly address the judging criteria below.
- The nomination is to be submitted on the completed Nomination Form
- Digital communications (eg website, Facebook, email, Twitter) must be permanent and ongoing or regular. Links to these communications must be submitted with the nomination.
- Printed communications (eg newsletters and insertions in local papers/magazines) must be regular and published/distributed since 1 September 2017 to be eligible. Two different examples covering that period must be submitted.
- You can also include signage, events, presentations that have contributed to your communication to the broader community
- The nomination is to be submitted online
- Alternatively you can download, complete, scan and email the PDF by email to email@example.com
- Email nominations must be sent prior to 5:00 pm on Thursday 13 September 2018.
- Nominations cannot be accepted by post.
- All nominations will be acknowledged by return email. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within two business days, please telephone the State Office on 03 9247 5492.
- The State Honours Committee’s decision is final.
- Award recipients and their respective LGA or Local NHW Group will be advised of their successful nominations. Recipients will be invited to attend the State Annual General Meeting on Thursday 11 October 2018 to be presented with their award.
- Contribution that the communication makes to the promotion of the NHW program and achievement of the aims of NHW.
- Aspects of the communication which indicate that it is of a higher standard than that of other NHW groups ie why the newsletter, Facebook page etc is a more effective communication tool than those of other groups
- Quality and standard of content, including:
- Timeliness and relevance of articles and information.
- Readability and comprehension.
- Layout and use of graphics.
- Spelling and correct sentence structure.
- Inclusion of NHW contact details.
- Distribution, coverage and frequency.
This nomination is submitted on the understanding that the personal information provided is for the purpose of deciding the Neighbourhood Watch State Awards.
This information will be disclosed to the Neighbourhood Watch State Honours Committee prior to the Awards function and details of winners in each category will be used for promotional and other related purposes including on the Neighbourhood Watch website.
Personal information will not be given or sold to any other party without permission.