The Neighbourhood Watch State Awards recognise and honour those individuals and Neighbourhood Watch Groups that implement innovative projects, programs or partnerships which enhance community safety through the prevention of crime, and encourage volunteering and community participation thereby contributing to the quality of life for those in the community.
In submitting a nomination, you should assume that the judging panel has no knowledge of the nominee. Therefore, the nomination must include all of the required information. In particular, to give the nomination the greatest chance of success, it must directly address the judging criteria listed for each award.
- The nominee must be a member of the Neighbourhood Watch program, or a member of the Victoria Police, either directly or indirectly involved with the Neighbourhood Watch program or a Neighbourhood Watch group, or a person or organisation that supports the Neighbourhood Watch program in Victoria, as relevant to the requirements of the particular award.
- The nomination is to be submitted on the completed 2019 Neighbourhood Watch State Awards nomination form.
- The nomination is to be completed and submitted online, including uploading any supporting documentation.
- Nominations cannot be accepted by post.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, you can download a nomination form from the individual award page, complete, scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email nominations must be sent prior to 5:00 pm on Thursday 5 September 2019.
- All nominations will be acknowledged by return email. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email within two business days, please telephone the State Office on 03 9247 5492.
- The State Honours Committee’s decision is final.
- Award recipients and their respective LGA or Local Neighbourhood Watch Group will be advised of their successful nominations. Recipients will be invited to attend the State Annual General Meeting on Thursday 10 October 2019 to be presented with their award.