Statement of Purposes
Neighbourhood Watch is established for the purposes of:
- Encouraging community participation in building safe and confident communities;
- Strengthening the partnership of police and community working together to prevent crime and improve the safety, security and the quality of life for all Victorians;
- Improving community awareness and participation in monitoring and reporting incidents affecting safety;
- Deterring criminal or unsafe behaviour through joint community action;
- Being actively involved in community safety and crime prevention projects, programs and education;
- Serving as an information exchange and conduit throughout the Neighbourhood Watch community in Victoria.
The full Constitution can be viewed by clicking here.